In July 2012 The Office for National Statistics revealed that the youth unemployment rate was 21.6% of total workforce. In addition to this, the BBC reported that overall there are 2.56 million people living in the UK who are unemployed.
Aim of the workshop
This workshop will provide everything you need to know about making the right decisions which will lead you to becoming a successful, employable young man. The session will allow you to identify the positives in their situations, and utilise them, in order to move on to the next stage of their careers. Delegates that attend the course will leave equipped with a plan of action to tackle their unemployment and turn the situation to their advantage.
This workshop explores 12 practical steps to help delegates get their lives and careers back on track and will include the following:
- Managing your career effectively
- Finding out more about your personal strengths and weaknesses
- Discovering the secrets behind finding jobs in the hidden market
- Honing your interview skills and techniques
- Improving your CV and covering letter
- Improving your chances of reducing your time out of work
Who should attend?
This course has been designed specifically for young men who are unemployed and looking to start a career or move higher in an already existing career.
This course is available as an in-house course only and to mentees part of the Bridge Builders Mentoring Scheme.